Self-Care & Wellness Discussion Forum

Social connections

Picture of Angela McGuire
Social connections
by Angela McGuire - Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 9:53 AM

How are you staying connected to friends and family that you can't be with physically right now?

Picture of Maria Gonzalez
Re: Social connections
by Maria Gonzalez - Thursday, April 23, 2020, 4:15 PM

Thank you for taking the time to connect with your students during this surreal time. I miss physically being with my family & friends. I greatly miss being with my mom, siblings, and nieces & nephews. I now speak to my mom daily versus once/twice weekly as before. We have a family zoom hour every Sunday- I so look forward to that!  With friends, versus texting we actually call each other. With my church family, we also stay connected and continue praying for each other. Our pastor does Live services via Facebook/Zoom.  This is the time we greatly appreciate technology even more! and for those that were not tech savvy, are now being forced to learn! 

Thank you again! 

Picture of Angela McGuire
Re: Social connections
by Angela McGuire - Monday, April 27, 2020, 11:47 AM

Thanks, Maria, for sharing your strategies for staying connected. It certainly is interested seeing all the new adoption of technology for personal interactions that some of us use regularly in our work lives. I've experienced some funny 'Zoom-splaining' from recent adopters ; )